Beyond the Divide: Fostering Community in the Space Between Freedom and Fear
World Savvy is thrilled to host a breakout session on Thursday, September 21st at 3:45 pm in Peninsula B/C in the lower level of the Grand Traverse Resort. Our session, “Beyond the Divide: Fostering Community in the Space Between Freedom and Fear,” features the following esteemed panelists:
- Kris Jenkins, Superintendent, Brand ISD
- KK Neimann, National Director of District & Strategic Initiatives, World Savvy
- Dr. William Gaudelli, Dean of Education School, Lehigh University
It is no secret that our communities feel more divided now than ever before. In this current climate, how can schools be a place that actively develops the skills and dispositions to engage positively across differences? How can our K12 system graduate a generation that can adequately support our democratic processes?
Together we explored the following questions:
- How do we meet the needs of ALL students in a time of great polarization?
- How can global competence serve as an organizing tool and framework for positive conversations in our communities?
- How do we ensure that our education system is adequately preparing young people to be active and engaged citizens in a multiethnic democracy?
We hope you will join us to hear how district leaders are innovating to build inclusive school communities to develop a new generation of empathetic leaders and engaged local and global citizens. Look forward to seeing you there!